Hello everybody, long time no see! As I just said to Helen via PM I have been and still am incredibly busy with my family, so PSE has had to go on the back boiler.....
Am having a senior moment (legitimate as I have now hit 60+ ) trying to remember how to install atn files into PSE14. Something in my brain tells me that last time I had to do this I had to write my own xml files or something but that was way back when I first got PSE9.
Any pointers in the right direction would be most helpful.
In addition to using the Actions panel, there is also another way. You can load the .atn files to be accessed via the Effects panel (Photo Effects tab).
1. Go to the Effects panel and select the Effects (Photo Effects) tab.
2. Click on the four-lined square in the upper right corner of the Effects panel and select Load Effects.
3. In the dialog box that opens up navigate to where you saved the action (.atn file) on your computer and click on the Load button. (Or you can just double-click on the .atn file.)
4. The action you loaded will appear in a category called My Effects.
One word of caution, though, if you decide to go down the Effects panel route. There have been some confirmed reports that some actions won't work when loaded via the Effects panel although they work flawlessly when loaded via the Actions panel (Window>Actions).
I don't know either. I myself always use the Actions panel. But I have come across some people who prefer using the Effects panel. That's the beauty of Elements -- more than one way to do something. You just use the way you feel most comfortable with.
As a side note, . . . you can also just do "Drag-&-Drop". The action will appear in the Actions panel.
I would say the answer is NO if you are loading the action via the Effects panel.
If you are using the Actions panel and you have an action which was created as a set, you just load the set. Ex.: I created a Split Tone effect action as a set consisting of 6 individual actions. All the six individual actions get loaded as one.
Thanks. I notice that your Split Tone set just shows up as one atn file even though there are six within the file. Is there a way of taking a load of atn files and turning them into a set? I'm thinking in particular of, for instance, Panos's actions, eg his puzzles which come with about 18 different atn files in one folder. I have a fair number of actions like that and the thought of having to load them one by one does not excite me!
Here is a possibility if you don't want to load one .atn file at a time. Use the Drag-&-Drop method I mentioned earlier in this thread; you can select several .atn files when using this method. If the .atn files are in a folder, select the .atn files inside it.
- You cannot drag-&-drop the whole folder. Elements will warn you it is not the right kind of document.
- Make sure only the .atn files are selected (no .png or .xml files).
- You cannot use this method to load actions via the Effects panel.
Elements 7,10,11,12,13,14,15 - Photoshop CC 2017 - Lightroom CC 2015 Windows 7 Pro & Windows 10 Pro