Using a dedicated thread for IOW submissions was a good way for us to get IOW up and running on our new forum. It was created as a temporary solution until a more effective method could be found. Some members may not have felt comfortable submitting images, especially those new to using PE. Plus, using a submission thread took away that element of surprise, when a member unexpectedly found that one of their images had been chosen! I know I was thrilled when Ron chose one of my images for my first IOW honor.
I am happy to announce that beginning next week there will no longer be an Image of the Week submission thread. Images will be chosen from the Individual Galleries that members have created.
If you have not yet created a gallery, Andy has posted directions here for sharing your images. Additional information on creating a gallery using postimage.org can be found here.
For my own gallery, I chose to use cubeupload. Here is what works for me:
1. Save image for web with 1000px. on the longest side to desktop.
2. Open The Individual Gallery section and click create gallery.
3. Open cubeupload in a new tab. (For convenience I have it on my bookmark bar using chrome.)
4. Click select image.
5. When your image appears, click start upload.
6. Click share.
7. Copy the direct link.
8. Paste the link directly onto the page in your gallery. Add comment for title etc.
9. Click Add Image top right to open a new gallery page and follow the same procedure to add your next image. You have to click add image each time you want to add another image to your gallery.